Today we have a collection of phrases By Kilian Jornet, a famous and motivating mountain climber who lived in the mountain as a child, and who is now dedicated to carrying out incredible races through mountains and summits of all kinds.
Kilian Jornet Burgada was born in Sabadell, Spain, in 1987. Skiing and mountain racing have been their great passions since childhood. His record in both disciplines is absolutely incredible. In 2017 he achieved the astonishing feat of crowned Everest twice in less than ten days and without any outside help (oxygen, sherpas).
Motivating Quotes Of Kilian Jornet
To get to know the Catalan sportsman a little better and to know how he manages to face his challenges, we have compiled several famous quotes that synthesize his way of seeing life. We hope they inspire you!
- “Sometimes, I have gone the wrong way, but I have learned that there is no point in lamenting: I will have to make a mistake and make up for that lost time in the race.”
In sport, the ability to overcome a mistake is crucial to moving forward.
- “On the Diagonal of the madmen, crossing the island of Reunion, 24 hours of a race, I began to cry 20 kilometers from the finish: I was so tired that to distract myself, I imagined what I would feel when crossing the line. Winning was less exciting.”
In his extreme challenges, Kilian Jornet has come to cry, as he explains in this anecdote.
- “On the mountain, you learn that you are tiny, a low rock or a storm can wipe you off the map, and that makes me relativize things a lot and understand what is important.”
A thought phrase.
- “We know our body perfectly, but we know nothing about our brain, and it can play you nasty tricks.”
The human brain guides us to success or failure.
- “I am a competitor. I like competition, going beyond, seeking my limits.”
Jornet’s competitive spirit is absolutely commendable.
- “To be free is to follow no one.”
Follow your own path, and you will find yourself.
- “Let the instinct guide your steps … he will lead you where you want most.”
When we do what our hearts tell us, we rarely make mistakes.
- “In 40 years, I will not remember if I arrived the first or the second, I will remember the emotions I felt…”
The result is almost the least… the important thing is to feel alive and useful.
- “Above everything is idyllic, it is in the descent that problems return.”
A reflection is referring to his Alpine races, but which can be interpreted as a metaphor for life.
- “In Central Europe, it is challenging to find places where the passage of man is not visible. But in Scandinavia, Asia, or the Himalayas, I do find that peace.”
Virgin peaks are like temples in the eyes of Kilian Jornet.
- “Sport is overrated.”
In an interview with Andreu Buenafuente, Jornet explained that the society confers importance too high to the sports achievements, but he just feels that it runs a little faster than the others and that people truly interesting is in the science and education.
So much for the lines of this great sportsman. That’s all for today. I hope you’ve been motivated by today’s post. We wish that you liked Kilian Jornet’s words and that you could apply some of his principles to your lives.